Expedition Latest

In these challenging times we hope that our DofE members, parents and families are all in good health and adapting to the new ways of living and working. Apologies for the delay in providing an update from our Centre, we have been waiting to see how the easing of lockdown restrictions would impact our plans for this year. 

Expedition Arrangements 

Over recent weeks we have been exploring whether it will be possible to recommence expedition activity this year. We would like to be able to undertake modified practice expeditions at Bronze and Silver level, subject to leader availability and above all compliance with government guidance on social distancing and coronavirus mitigation measures, documented in Risk Assessments. 

In order to do this we intend to limit the number of days and not to undertake camping at present. Unfortunately this means that at Gold level we are not yet able to re-introduce expedition activity because we feel that it is important for the Gold Award to include camping and we are not in a position to do this yet. 

For Bronze, it is hoped that the Practice expeditions can take place on 3rd & 4th October (Stream 1), 10th & 11th October (Stream 2) and 17th & 18th October (Stream 3). Unfortunately we cannot offer alternate dates for the practice expeditions other than those allocated to each stream. 

For Silver, it is hoped that the Practice expeditions can take place on 3rd & 4th October (Stream 1) and 17th & 18th October (Stream 2). Unfortunately we cannot offer alternate dates for the practice expeditions other than those allocated to each stream. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s